Thursday, September 27, 2018

September 27

I have plans with a friend for most of tomorrow and Adam won't be home until late, so we arranged for Adam's parents to pick up the short(ish) people from school. I watched Brady pack his overnight bag at bedtime, and my heart expanded and contracted as I listened to him talk about which of his stuffed animals he wanted to take along for the ride.

As I sat there on the bed listening to my baby's external monologue, I was more keenly aware than usual that these days won't last much longer. Before I know it, he'll be a big boy, and then he'll be a teenager, and then an adult. And some day soon, he won't agonize over which of his stuffed animals he wants to pack for a trip to grandma's house.

They were all sad thoughts to me, because there's something just so precious about kids his age, but I continue to realize that I'm blessed to be able to watch him --and Abby and Isaac-- continue to grow. And for that blessing, I'm endlessly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment