Wednesday, September 5, 2018

September 5

I had no idea what I'd write today until I took Abby to the doctor this afternoon and spied this on the wall:

It says 'bee yourself.' So though I'm a bit hesitant to follow that snippet of advice because I fear judgment, I'll take the nudge and admit that I'm really, really struggling right now. I'm tired, frustrated, overwhelmed, disappointed, and just sad.

I realize that I'm letting my joy be stolen and I'm taking steps to get it back, but the cold, harsh reality is that 2018 has been hard. I'm dealing with difficult situations and finding myself needing to pray for outcomes that I wouldn't choose if the choices were my own to make because I know they're just right.

So that's just me bee'ing (sorry, had to go with it) myself. If you see shades of yourself in my admission, it's okay: just remember that joy will come in the morning because He said so. And even in my own state, I'm trying to not lose sight of that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment