Tuesday, September 25, 2018

September 25

I took a shorter-than-usual walk this morning (what can I say? Time constraints). As I passed underneath a tree, I noticed a very small seed pod seemingly suspended in mid-air. Initially I walked right by, but something made me go back and take a pic. So here it is:

I watched that little pod for a few seconds as it swayed slightly in the breeze, and squinted until I could make out the very, very tiny thread that secured it to the branches above. My point is that though that little string is virtually invisible, it's still there, offering support. I think that's often the case with this life: we feel like we're hanging out there in the open by ourselves, entirely vulnerable to our circumstances and surroundings, when in reality, we have support, both from our friends and family, and from a God who cares for us. We may not be able to see Him, but he's still there, holding us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment