Friday, September 21, 2018

September 21

You know it's going to be a doozy of a day when the school principal pops her head into your car in the morning drop-off lane to ask if you have time to chat. (It wasn't about my kids, which is probably the biggest blessing of all.) It did indeed turn into a frustrating afternoon, which became an even more frustrating evening that necessitated that I bite my tongue. A lot. (Which, to my credit, I did. Nearly clean off, in fact.)

In light of all of that, I really didn't know what I'd write about (because dude, this day) until I looked over and saw Adam sitting on the couch, working on a word puzzle Isaac made. And in that moment, I went over and did this:

Not everyone has this, so tonight --on the heels of a day that I'd rather forget-- I'm thankful that I do.

And rather than waxing poetic on whatever else might pop into my mind in the next few minutes, I'm going to go enjoy it some more right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment