Tuesday, September 4, 2018

September 4

It was a busy, busy day that was capped off by the school's ice cream social. The Little Boys enjoyed their treats with some of their friends:

...while Abby helped me and one of our vice presidents sell spirit wear. (And let me tell ya -- it was busy, busy, busy.)

I only have a picture of the boys, which is why I'm using it, but I really wanted to talk about Abby. After we got home, I took her out for cheeseburgers at McDonalds (since they're her favorite delicacy). In the car, I told her how proud I was of her for stepping up and helping even though it didn't benefit her in any way. Because that's just what she did: she stood there for an hour and a half, rifling through boxes of shirts and talking to parents. We truly couldn't have done it without her help.

But then she surprised me when she told me she was proud of me for stepping up to be the president. She said she knew I didn't really want to do it, but she respected the fact that I took the job anyway and am trying to do it as best I can.

I expect to build her up sometimes because she's my daughter. But I didn't really expect her to turn the tables and build me up. I am just so blessed to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment