Sunday, November 11, 2018

November 11

Isaac is a hummer. Actually, he's more than a hummer. When there's a lull in action or any kind of quiet at all, I can almost always hear him singing... something. So when I was driving him home from baseball this evening, I was less than surprised to hear him gettin' his tune on in the back seat. I started to get annoyed (because honestly, sometimes I just want to sit in silence) but then I realized what he was singing and had a humble pie moment.

Although I had my usual country station on the radio, my boy was singing a worship song. And it wasn't really just singing it; he was living into it with a great deal of passion and gusto.

There I was about to get mad, and there he was, singing praises to the God of the universe. Sometimes reminders to be grateful are subtle. Sometimes they're not. And this was definitely a not. And that's a good thing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment