Thursday, November 22, 2018

November 22

Happy Thanksgiving! This year, we did as we almost always do: got up, watched part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV, went for a walk en masse, and, at 3, headed off to dinner with a good chunk of the extended family at Adam's parents' house.

There were bittersweet moments, of course, like when Brady looked me in the eye this morning while asking me a question and for a split second, I had distinct memories of Logan that made me tear up. But all in all, it was a very nice day filled with babies (two of them, including our first-ever encounter with Adam's cousin Amanda's seven-week-old daughter) and toddlers and kids and grown-ups who are all connected --either by blood or marriage-- by the thread of family. For that blessing --and many others, including my friends-- I'm thankful.

And now I'm off to watch "Christmas Vacation" with Adam and Abby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment