Friday, November 23, 2018

November 23

Just a few years ago, Abby had zero interest in shopping. In fact, whenever I'd suggest that we look for new clothes, she'd sigh dramatically and say "can't you just go and bring stuff home for me to try on?" That, fortunately, is no longer the case, and she once again joined me for some Black Friday action this morning.

We hit our usual spots: Starbucks for some early caffeination, then Walmart, JCPenney for boots, Ulta, and Old Navy. And then, as is our custom, we capped off the experience with lunch at Red Tractor.

Her 14-year old self may get under my skin at times, but I love spending time with her. I love our goofy dances while we wait in line and I love our quippy little exchanges and I love that though it poured down rain most of the day, it didn't dampen her mood.

I just love her, period.

I may have lost quite a lot, but I'm thankful to have a daughter, and I'm extra grateful to have one who's smart and kind and quick-witted.

No comments:

Post a Comment