Sunday, November 18, 2018

November 18

Truth: I didn't do much today. I slept in so I missed church, and then after our usual visit to Logan's grave, I spent much of the afternoon watching Christmas movies on Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel. So it stands to reason that there wasn't much to notice, and Heaven knows I wasn't really looking anyway.

But I was in the kitchen a few minutes ago and saw this:

Of course, I'd seen it a few times since it was part of the dozen I bought on Friday, but it was notable for a few reasons: one, it was the last one left, and two, it's decidedly Christmas-y.

I can't really say that I'm in much of a holiday mood just yet, but I do love this season. I love the colors and the cooler air and how in general, lots of people are in a better mood as they bustle about their business.

But beyond all of that, I love that it's a season of hope, and I love that those red and green sprinkles remind me of that important truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment