Friday, November 2, 2018

November 2

The kiddos didn't have school today and our PTA is holding a week-long fundraiser at a local restaurant (Eddie Papa's, for all you locals. Go! Mention the Mohr PTA!), so we headed over there for lunch. The company and the food were both good, but my favorite part of the excursion came at the end when the bowls of complimentary cotton candy emerged from the kitchen.

In all my years of parenting (and Abby turns 14 tomorrow so it's been a little while), I've never seen bowls of cotton candy attacked and demolished with the degree of determination, vigor, and enthusiasm that these boys put forth today. It made me laugh out loud.

And given that much of the rest of the day was lackluster at best, I'm thankful to have had that hearty chortle.

No comments:

Post a Comment