Monday, November 5, 2018

November 5

This afternoon, as the boys got in the car after school, I happened to hear Brady murmur "you are valuable." I thought it was an odd proclamation from a seven-year old, but then he plunked this down on the center console with a clink and it made sense.

I wish I had no idea where it came from because that would make this a really, really cool entry, but I do: I'd been carrying it around with me in my computer bag for a month or so and I guess it fell out at some point.

The reality here is that it's been A Couple of Days. (Well, it's really been A Year, but it's also been A Couple of Days so I'll stick with that.) And the other reality is that I don't really feel valuable; I feel tired and used and unappreciated and like I don't do much of anything right. So the unexpected resurfacing of this little stone was a nice little reminder that maybe my feelings are inaccurate.

1 comment: