Wednesday, November 14, 2018

November 14

I took exactly one picture today. One. Here it is, and I know she'll just love it since she so loves blogs:

Except when she scolded... yelled...ish... at me for not standing up for myself (which, in fairness, was kind of #warranted), I had a lovely walk with Kathy around the Sports Park this morning right after drop-off. The amazing thing about it was that though it was cold --40s cold, not midwestern cold, but still chilly for my thin CA transplant blood-- the air was clear when we strolled. But just an hour later, a thick layer of smoke from the wildfires up north rolled in and rendered the atmosphere truly unhealthy. (Literally. The official air quality classification was "very unhealthy" so legitimately very bad.)

So yep, tonight I'm thankful that the smoke didn't permeate the valley until after I went back inside. And of course, for time with a friend. Definitely that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment