Thursday, November 15, 2018

November 15

Between dance drop-off and pick-up, I scooted home for a little while and found Brady upstairs plucking the strings of Adam's guitar. Since there was noise to be made, he summoned Isaac, and the two of them had a grand time together.

I couldn't stick around for much of the show, but as I headed off to retrieve my daughter, I thought a little about music and what it means to make a joyful noise (since that's no doubt what my Little Boys were doing). I've been pretty open about the fact that this year has been an unpleasant --even painful-- one for me thus far. But that doesn't "excuse" me from making a joyful noise to God. Although it's easy --really easy, in fact-- to get lost in disappointment, frustration, and heartache, it should be just as easy to be thankful for all I do have.

So for my boys' unwitting reminder of that truth, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment