Sunday, July 12, 2020

July 12

That cup of shave ice in Brady's hand looks innocent enough, but it housed a whole lot of verging on truly criminal flavor cacophony.

Bubblegum, root beer, and watermelon. That was his first pick. (The next time he substituted the watermelon for banana, in my memory doesn't fail me.) Although the very thought of the combination made my stomach lurch a bit, he happily scarfed down the entire serving and proclaimed it delicious. And, though it still grosses me out, I'm glad he said that, because it served as an important reminder for me: we're all fearfully and wonderfully made, and we're fearfully and wonderfully made with different preferences and likes and dislikes. And that's okay, because this life truly does requires all kinds of people to be... well, wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment