Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 29

Logan's 14th birthday is in two days. I'm not really ready for it, but I suppose I never really am so that's neither here nor there. But I was thinking about it earlier today as I drove over to the Mother Ship to pick up my iced coffee en route to the old house (where I had lots of garage-boxes to empty and sort). I wasn't exactly surprised to find Abby and Gracie sitting out in front of the Coldstone next door (since that was their planned destination), but seeing them there did send my mind on a tangent.

Although no one else will ever fill the place that Logan holds in the inner regions of Abby's heart, I am so happy that she has Gracie. I'm happy that they can sing show tune after show tune and talk for hours about nothing at all, and I love that they can count on each other when they need emotional support. (Even when they may not realize they need it.) And I'm happy that they "get" each other like they do.

We all need Those People in our lives, and I feel blessed that these two are so often blessed with --and by-- each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment