Wednesday, July 8, 2020

July 8

Since Adam is working from home, we've gotten into a routine that involves me dropping Isaac off for baseball practice and Adam picking him up when it ends two hours later. I enjoy a good stroll around the Sports Park and then some chit-chat with other moms while there, but limiting my time outside helps keep my allergies at bay so I typically head home after an hour. But since it's quarterly close time, today I walked, plopped down in the grass, and watched the entire practice.

I know I said this a few weeks ago on his birthday, but I'm amazed by how much this kid has grown up this year. I'm dumbfounded that my chunkamuffin who weighed 20 pounds at six months of age is now a tall, string bean-thin almost-teenager who has complex thoughts and asks questions that make me think.

It's a wonderful thing and a huge, huge blessing but it's also just... wow. Just wow. Creation is amazing. (Oh, and he's wearing cleats in the pic. He's catching up to me, but still has two inches to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment