Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 19

The kiddos were extra rambunctious at lunchtime today, so after I finished my own food, I hightailed it to my room to put away some laundry. When I came back 15 or so minutes later, they were still seated together at the table. And they were laughing and having a grand old time. My heart surged happily at the sight, so I grabbed my phone to take a pic and they all put on their biggest cheesers for me:

When I remarked that it was so lovely to see them all getting along and having a good time together, Abby replied "we're besties. Quarantine besties." (Or something like that. She'll probably say I'm misremembering, but that was the gist of the comment.)

I love it. I just love it. I wanted kids who would be one anothers' friends, and I'm so thankful for the days --the hours, the moments, even-- during which that seems to be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment