Tuesday, July 7, 2020

July 7

We had our first in-house visitor today! I've been looking forward to hosting people ever since we made the offer on our house so I was more than ready. After I floated the idea last week, Kristine came over this morning, took a quick tour (wearing a mask, of course), and then we headed out to the back yard for some coffee and treats.

It was so, so, so (so) good to see her in person. It was so good to sit at the same table (a good eight feet apart, naturally) and enjoy coffee and catch up. (It was even good to watch a lizard stalk unsuspecting ladybugs.) It was so good, in fact, that she's planning to come back again next week so we can enjoy the good all over again.

I'm thankful to have had her in my life for the past 24 years and thankful that she lives here in town. That's a big ol' double blessing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment