Thursday, July 2, 2020

July 2

Welcome to the latest edition of "COVID sucks so Sherry will share her home decor." Well, that's kind of accurate.

This is the mantle in our living room. Everything on it is connected to Logan, and since it's his birthday month, I took a few extra seconds to pause and really look at it. There's the Lightning McQueen Mickey Mouse ears Heidi gave him. And the garden of I-love-you hands --which were so poignantly apropos since we always exchanged the I love you sign when parted ways-- crafted by his Year to Grow classmates after he died. And a You Are My Sunshine pillow that was serendipitously given to me by the grandma of one of Abby's sweet elementary school friends who was in my care for a short time. And then the bottle of sparkles Logan made as a project.

All beautiful, wonderful reminders of a beautiful, wonderful person. And I'm thankful to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment