Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July 28

I just decided that I don't spend enough time on the patio. It has nothing to do with today's entry; just an observation. Onward. Abby announced this morning that she'd found a recipe for cheesecake bites that she wanted to try out. Since I like cheesecake, she's generally proven to be a good (read: successful) baker, and I'm not insane, I bought her the small list of items she needed to make it happen. So that's what she's doing right now (in our 80-some degree kitchen. Advantage: patio when it comes to evening temps at the Wight House.)

I appreciate that she likes to bake and that she trolls the interwebs looking for recipes to try out. Now that's partly because I'm a willing consumer of the yummies shes makes, but it's also because I think it shows good initiative on her part. She's not generally the first person to jump up to volunteer and she's definitely not the first person to speak up in a crowd, but when she feels a passion for something, it shows. So I'm thankful for the things that make her happy and motivate her to act and do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment