Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July 15

I did as is my custom and skittered around the Sports Park loop this afternoon during the early part of Isaac's baseball practice. I'd planned to listen to music as I strolled but my ear buds didn't comply, so I walked in silence. I was initially grumbly over my quiet trek, but then something unexpected happened.

I heard the sweet sound of someone whistling a tune. I looked around for a few moments until I realized that the music was coming from the woman walking toward me. (You can kind of see her in the image if you squint.) She was older and hunched over and walking clearly took a great deal of effort, but she whistled a happy song anyway. And when I passed her, she turned her head to the side and smiled a hello in my direction before continuing on with her song.

It was such a lovely reminder to find joy in anything and everything, no matter what my circumstances may be at a given moment. And for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment