Monday, March 1, 2021

March 1

I popped into the new-ish candy store downtown last week. After poking around for a few minutes, I decided to buy Adam some Necco Wafers, since he likes them and they're not exactly available everywhere. 

As I was checking out, I spied a little piece of paper taped to the register that read "$5 minimum credit card orders." Since I almost never carry cash, I stressed for a split second before I hustled over to a display of stick candy and scooped up a small handful to meet the minimum.

I haven't had a stick candy in a long while, but I can remember getting them at the High's off Main Street in Damascus when I was quite young; stick candy and a soda in a glass bottle with one of those fun-to-peel styrofoam labels.

Good memories are always blessings, I think, especially when they show up to sprinkle sunshine when you least expect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment