Sunday, February 12, 2023

February 12

I wasn't interested in the Super Bowl this go-round, so while the boys took in the game this afternoon, I hunkered down in the bedroom to crochet and watch "Criminal Minds." 

All was calm until a few minutes after dinner, when a loud set of thumps followed by a succession of "no, no, no"s startled me from my perch on the bed. I opened the bedroom door and found Adam sprawled across the floor in obvious pain. He'd missed a step while carrying the laundry basket downstairs and down he went.

Long story short, I drove him over to urgent care, where we learned that he has a small fracture in his left ankle. So it's crutches, a splint, and a referral for a follow-up for him. 

I know he's frustrated, but I'm just thankful that it wasn't worse. And I have a story to share too: this morning at church, my friend Laura stopped me to chat. After we talked a little about Logan, she said that she'd taken her mom to the urgent care in Dublin and highly recommended the service there. It seemed like a completely random line of commentary and even she seemed puzzled as to why she was bringing it up, but then just hours later, there we were in that very urgent care facility. (And she was right -- they were very efficient!) It's so funny when God gives those little hints, isn't it? It's a good reminder for me that He's in ALL things -- even the not-great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment