Monday, February 20, 2023

February 20

I first heard about Prez Ball at Wheaton way back when the school year first started. I still don't really understand the point of it (except that it apparently happens on President's Day and is an excuse to get dressed up and have fun), but today's the day: they're eating pretzel bites and mac and cheese and singing karaoke (well, probably not my daughter, if I hazard a guess) and looking for a stuffie wedding at the House of Blues in Chicago as I type. Here she is with her besties before they boarded the bus.

I love my girl. She is so much more dear to me than I ever imagined possible back before she was born 18-plus years ago. And because these other girls are important to her and have meant so much to her over the past several months, I've grown to love them, too. They're always included in my prayers and I genuinely like hearing what they're up to when Abby gives her updates. They're my girl's girls.

So today, I'm so thankful that God gives us friends like hers to help us navigate this oft-challenging, twist-filled life. They're a blessing beyond what any of us ever truly deserve who add so much fun and flavor and life to living.

No comments:

Post a Comment