Sunday, February 26, 2023

February 26

At one point this afternoon, I found the boys in the living room (known as my Pretty Room during the Christmas season but not nearly as pretty right now) playing a spirited game of "grab the empty fry box" with the sticky hands they received in Theo and Melody's birthday treat bags yesterday.

It was utterly bizarre, but they whooped and hollered and laughed like it was the best game ever invented.

I remarked that they should be careful not to aim at each other's eyes, and as I headed back toward the bedroom, Brady went off in search of a few pairs of swimming goggles to address my concern.

I'm grateful for how well they amuse each other and for their creativity. And that one of them took my advice seriously! Some days that in and of itself feels like a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment