Saturday, March 11, 2023

March 11

It's Saturday night. I'm in my usual seat in the family room watching Cold Justice and munching on a cup of ice from my incredibly awesome ice maker. (Seriously, if it's possible to actually love an appliance, I love my ice maker.) Adam is reading to the brositos upstairs. And Abby is back in her dorm room at Wheaton for the last few months of her freshman year of college.

Yep, her Spring Break week is over. We loaded into the car this morning (with some of us still in pajamas that we may or may not have worn all day long *cough*IsaacandBrady*cough*) to procure some sausage egg McMuffins and then shuttle her to the airport for her return flight to Chicago.

It was bittersweet to see her head into the terminal and disappear from sight. I miss my shopping and Starbucks buddy when she's gone. But I think we had a nice week together and I know she's going to have a great couple of months with her friends and in class. And I know she'll continue to mature into the woman God intends her to be while she's there. So for all of that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment