Tuesday, March 7, 2023

May 7

The boys had Youth Group tonight so Abby joined Adam and I on our Tuesday night date.

It was a Daughter Date, if you will.

As we sat there at Chili's talking and being goofy and eating, I thought a little about what it was like back when it was just the three of us; how we'd take her for evening walks and she'd want to pick, pick, pick all of the "fudgers" she saw. How I'd load her up into the car and push her around the mall in the stroller when I was feeling isolated. And how we'd lie on the floor of her bedroom with her reading books and stacking Peek-a-Blocks and listening to The Veggie Tales and Waltzing Matilda.

They're sweet memories that I'm grateful to have stored away in my mental files. So for those early moments with her and for the moments with all four of our kids over the past 18-plus years, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment