Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March 1

I was standing in the front window admiring the colors left in the wake of the sun's daily descent beyond the hills this evening when I noticed the two very bright lights in the upper lefthand quadrant of this image.

After I watched them for a while and ruled out the "it's a plane" possibility, I called Adam into the room and he used his stargazing app to determine that I'd spied two planets: Venus on the right and Jupiter on the left. (If we're wrong, feel free to correct me! I'm far from an astronomy pro.)

Given that Venus and Jupiter aren't exactly close to Earth, their brightness was stunning. Awesome, even. So I stood there a little longer watching as the light continued to fade. 

I'm thankful that God is a God who creates beautiful things for us to ponder and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment