Saturday, March 4, 2023

March 4

It was a cold, windy, wet Opening Day that featured an assortment of yays and bummers. 

Yay number one was Brady pitching the first three innings of his team's game as the rest of us --including Abby-- cheered him on from the bleachers. 

But the clouds and rain rolled in so unfortunately, they were unable to actually finish the whole game, which was a bummer. The rain and eventual field closure also meant that Isaac was unable to umpire the games he'd signed up for today, which was disappointing. 

But his unexpected availability meant we were able to go to lunch together at Black Bear, so we did just that. 

And then Abby and I went to the mall while the boys went home; she tried on dresses at Francesca's as I looked on. And when we got home, I chilled in the bedroom while she and the boys played Mario Kart and Mater's Tall Tales. We finished the day with takeout from The Cheesesteak Shop, per Abby's request. And so here I am, writing from my usual perch in the family room.

Yes, it was a day of yays and bummers, but all in all, I'd call it a yay. I got to spend it with all three of these amazing young people, so how could it be anything but a blessed day?

No comments:

Post a Comment