Wednesday, March 29, 2023

March 29

This is what I saw when I logged into Facebook this morning.

I didn't share it to my profile because I knew immediately that it would be today's post here. I knew that seeing that face would be the highlight of my day before my day had really started. And now, a negative exchange with a teacher and a continuing three-day-long headache and an unintentional three-hour late-afternoon nap and a missed dinner later, I can confirm that it was indeed the best part of today.

How I miss this face. The dances and the smiles and the Cars shirts and hats and shoes that he so proudly wore. The chirpy little voice that never did get the chance to deepen with time. How my soul sighs when it realizes, internalizes that it's been 11 long years since I've held and felt the warmth of his little hand. It could all break my heart. But it doesn't. Not truly, anyway. Not in a permanent, irreparable way. Because I know he's in Heaven waiting for me and for Someday to arrive.

So for that big, important truth on a less than awesome day, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment