Tuesday, March 28, 2023

March 28

When I dropped Isaac off at school after his PT appointment this morning, I watched him as he walked up to the office. (You may have to squint because I scrambled to get a shot, but he's there.)

I live with the kid. I see him every single day. I wake him up in the morning with his own personalized "it's time to get up" song. I eat with him and laugh with him and watch him interact with Brady and cheer when he plays ball. You could say that I probably know him as well as anyone.

But I was still taken aback by how grown he looked as he disappeared inside. Sure, he's tall --exactly six feet, per my most recent measurement-- but it was more than that. It was something about the nonchalant confidence in his carriage. In how his ballcap was perched on his head. 

So today, I'm grateful for that sight and for the truth that he's continuing to grow into a good young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment