Wednesday, March 15, 2023

March 15

Brady didn't have school today because the power on campus was still out from yesterday's wind storm, but Isaac did. And as I backed the car out of the garage this morning to ferry him to class, I uttered a rather embarrassing, well-duh-worthy observation: Oh wow, the sun is out! Look at the sun!

Although I was indeed channeling Captain Obvious in that moment, the sentiment was very real. 

It's been unusually rainy and overcast for the past month-plus, and it's been hard on me. I'm someone whose moods are significantly impacted by the weather, so seeing those rays of sunlight this morning inspired in me a true sense of joyful thankfulness.

So yes, today I am grateful for sunshine and blue skies and the implicit reminder that although storms may rage, the clouds do eventually drift away and leave peace in their wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment