Friday, July 12, 2024

July 12

I'm really tired this evening; like dozing in my chair tired. It was a fairly busy day, between Isaac's morning game in Dublin and a late-afternoon extended family gathering in Danville. (And the heat. That's certainly a factor.) But yes, I'm definitely sleepy so I'll try to write quickly.

When I went outside at said-family affair this evening, I was really gratified to find Abby and Caroline engaged in conversation by the pool. Caroline is Adam's youngest cousin and the youngest grandchild for Adam's grandma, while Abby is the eldest of the great-grandchildren. The two girls are both rising college juniors and seven months apart in age, and Abby has remarked more than once recently that she wished she knew Caroline better.

So it was a sweet blessing to see them talking and laughing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment