Tuesday, July 16, 2024

July 16

I had an Elders' board meeting at church tonight which meant that I got to see Pastor Mary on her birthday. And I got to bring her (cheese)cake, which she, Pam, and I enjoyed after the broader meeting was adjourned. 

We are so blessed to have her as our leader. She's energetic, vibrant, and truly excited about exploring new ways to share the love of Jesus with the community. It's been a pleasure to watch her continue to grow into her role as time has passed, and I'm optimistic about what the future will hold.

And beyond that, she's a transparent, genuine friend who shares my love of coffee dates (and apparently, sweets. She remarked on how nice it was to get treats for her birthday. I too like getting treats! The box of donuts Nikki brought me on my birthday a few years ago was on point).

I knew from the first time I met her a few years ago that we'd get along well, and I feel blessed to know her. Happy birthday, Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment