Friday, July 19, 2024

July 19

It was hot out again this afternoon --that less than pleasant over 100 degrees kind of hot-- and I was feeling like I needed an activity so I decided to go out for Icees. Abby was sleeping and Isaac was in full rest-mode (a week of VBS volunteering can do that to ya), so Brady came along to be my cup-carrier.

I got in the car and he got in next to me. In the passenger seat. For the first time ever.

I pointed out that it was a new thing and he rolled his eyes in my direction as he reached over to fasten his seatbelt. You know I sit in the front with Dad all the time, right?

And yeah, I knew. But it was still a first for me: My baby sitting with me in the front seat. It makes logical sense that he do so; I weigh more, of course (because he's a stick and all), but he's taller. Certainly he should be there when it's just the two of us. But still: he's my baby. Don't babies sit in the back?

It served as a stark reminder that he's growing up fast. They all are. (It occurred to me a few days ago that both Isaac and Abby will be Seniors in a year. That one almost had me in the corner chewing on my hair.) It's hard to watch the little-ness go, but it's awesome to see them all continuing to mature in the front seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment