Saturday, July 13, 2024

July 13

Today we celebrated Adam's grandmother's 97th birthday --a few weeks late-- with a substantial group of the extended family. 

My in-laws hosted the Hawaiian-themed affair, which featured sandwiches (per the celebrant's special request) and a selection of cookies baked by Adam's mom and sister and our very own Abby. (And yes, everyone wore leis, too! But no one had a better lei than Russ, although the seven leis given to Grandmother one at a time by her seven children were a close second.)

I had the opportunity to catch up with several different folks while I served as the event's official shutterbug. There were stories shared and toddlers (who were unfortunately down for a nap when this image was snapped, but Kennedi and Luke were very much present!) loved on and hugs shared and cornhole and croquet matches played.

I could go on for pages, but the bottom line is that a close family is a blessing. And I am grateful for each wonderfully varied leaf that God has grown on my own family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment