Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1

Be forewarned: this is a strange one.

It's hard to see, but this is the t-intersection next to my house. I was crossing the street this evening when I was almost hit by a car. It was driven by a guy who didn't bother to look for pedestrians before making a too-fast left turn.

He was way down the street when I started to cross. So far away, in fact, that I didn't give his car half a thought until he turned suddenly and I found myself staring at his headlights. He finally saw me, slammed on his breaks, I jumped... it was, to be succinct and devoid of emotion, horrifying. When all was said and done, he missed me by about a foot. Twelve little inches separated me from potentially serious injury. Once my heart dislodged from my throat, I whirled around and asked what on earth he was thinking. He just stared at me for a moment, and drove away without a word. I hope it scared him and he'll slow down from now on.

So what does this have to do with this blog? It's pretty simple: God was there. That car could very easily have hit me and done significant damage. But that didn't happen. And for that, I'm so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment