Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9

I had a hard time picking today's subject. I mentally debated between two choices: the expansive, clear blue sky or the surprising discovery, via an old home movie, that Adam's younger brother sounded exactly like Logan when he was a small boy.

And then I saw this while checking my Google Analytics stats, and I knew this was my wink.

It won't mean much to anyone but our immediate family, but I laughed aloud when I saw that city name pop up.

Why? "Ichikawa" was one of the silly, nonsensical words that Logan would utter when trying to make us laugh. He used it so often that it became part of his schtick. In fact, Abby and Isaac still use it now when they're trying to be funny, in homage to their brother.

But until tonight, I had no idea that it was a city in Japan. The fact that I saw it pop up during a 30-second or so window is so meaningful to me, because it's not like I sit around watching my stats particularly often. Nor do I get an overwhelming number of hits from Japanese readers.

A good chuckle and a good, lighthearted kind of wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment