Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 31

Easter. The day that makes the pains of human life feel a little less intense. The promise of life beyond this one.

Not to be terribly terse, but it's a very good day.

Today was clear and beautiful early on, when Abby and Isaac tried (and failed) to get up at 6:30. Then there were clouds, followed by intermittent showers throughout the afternoon and evening hours. It's not generally my favorite kind of weather, but, well, if you look, you can find amazing things just about anywhere.

As we drove to Adam's parents' house mid-day, I looked out the window and saw this:

I showed it to Adam, and he didn't see what I did; what compelled me to take the picture and use it as today's wink. But I'm using it anyway. I saw, very clearly, two hearts of blue amid the clouds. Significant both because Easter is all about love, and also because Logan's favorite color was blue. A salient reminder of the past coupled with great hope for the future.

Happy Easter, friends of mine. He is risen.

1 comment:

  1. He is risen indeed! It was so great seeing you in worship; even though I know you would have preferred to not be in the front row.

    ReplyDelete