Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 28

If I were one of those chicks who's constantly mugging for the camera with that gosh-awful duck face that's become so popular (why? WHY?! Seriously y'all, that expression flatters no one. High school gals, I'm talking primarily to you) this post would be entirely self-indulgent. But as truth has it, I'm generally one to avoid the camera. So here goes.

This is me this afternoon, shortly after Brady asked me to wear the kids' red plastic fireman's hat.

I took the picture merely to make him laugh. But when I looked at it later, I thought wow. There's a lot of truth in that photo.

What are moms if not wearers of many different hats? Mom, wife, referee, taxi driver, housekeeper, manager, nurse, counselor, teacher. Student. And that just scratches the surface.

Even though all of those hats feel like they're simply too much at times, it's such an incredible blessing to be able to wear them, even when we think we look completely ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment