Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 3

Days that afford me the opportunity to see members of my original immediate family are always special ones. And fortunately for me, today was one of them.

(Excuse he upside down-ness. It just doesn't want to turn the right way! But just so you don't think you're missing something key, I'll tell you that we look pretty much the same right-side up. Promise.)

My younger brother Charlie and his partner Alexi were up from LA this weekend, and came by for a brief visit this afternoon before heading back home. It was so good to reconnect, even though our time together was short. After all, this is the guy who was my primary partner in kiddie crime: building forts, playing with Cabbage Patch dolls, scheming creative ways to earn pocket change.

I'm grateful that I had him growing up, I'm grateful that I have him now, and I'm grateful that I can see God in our shared past as siblings growing up together. Even if we don't see one another nearly often enough as adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment