Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30

I've seen posts all over Facebook reminding people that Easter isn't about bunnies and colored eggs and chocolate. And they're right. Mostly.

We dyed Easter eggs this evening. It's an annual tradition for us, and the kids love watching the transformation as the eggs go from a decidedly unimpressive white to stunning, cheerful shades of pink, blue and green.

But back to my point: Easter is not about the eggs. It's about Jesus. We are the ones who are like the eggs. We're all plain white eggs in this life, but thanks to Jesus' sacrifice on our behalf, we all have a chance to be transformed into beautiful colored eggs some day. (As an aside, as a mega white chick, there are exactly zero racial undertones in this post. Seriously. I'm about as close to alabaster as you can get while still having a pulse.) I wish Logan could be here, but I know that he's moved on to his new form. And when I look at that vibrant blue egg in the picture, it makes me think of him.

And that, in an eggshell, is why I can very much see God in dyeing eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment