Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 16

Today, we attended a bridal shower for Adam's cousin Jenni and her fiance, James. The skies were clear, the air warm and the weather indubitably beautiful. I took lots of photos (like I typically do), and at one point, I handed over my camera so someone else could take one with me in it. And here we are.

(Just as a random side note, I'm a creature of habit: I've taken every single photo I've used for this blog with my camera phone. And this one is no different. Though it was taken with my good DSLR so a very high-res version of the image exists on my hard drive, I took a picture of the picture. With my iPhone.)

Anyhow, I see God in family. And in the chance to be together with people I don't see often. And, as the picture suggests, in silliness. This was, clearly, a 'silly' picture. Sure, we took a bunch of serious ones too, but there's something whimsical and fun and just plain light about silly photos. And I think God smiles over them as much as we do, since they're such tangible records of good times.

Don't you think? I sure do.

No comments:

Post a Comment