Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15

You could say that I know a little something about how it feels to be devastated. So, to be more terse than I ought to be, suffice it to say that my heart is, at least in part, in Boston.

With that said, one of the things that my experience in this world has taught me is that even when tragedy happens, life with all of its inherent joys, pains, trials and triumphs goes on. And we have to choose to live it, even when it's hard.

After school today, Abby was delighted to find Belle outside on the playground. She ran over to see her, and as usual they hugged and giggled. And a round of silliness ensued.

Especially on days like today --the ones when the weight of the world feels heavier than usual-- it's good to remember --and to have tangible proof-- that happiness and goodness and lightheartedness still exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment