Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 30

I didn't have a big, decisive 'aha' moment today. In fact, I'd say I only have moments like that once or twice a week. Most of the time, I sit down during the evening hours and scroll through the images taken on that particular day, searching for one that speaks to me. Fortunately, one always jumps out... eventually. With that said, here's today's pick...

The Little Boys, standing in our front yard waiting for Adam's mom to arrive to take Brady for the night.

On the surface, there's nothing especially great about the image. In fact, with Isaac squinting and grabbing Brady and Brady trying to escape, it's kind of lousy from a composition-standpoint.

But it's not always about what's in the foreground, right? Nope, sometimes life is about the details in the background that might otherwise fade into obscurity. And in the background of this image is a beautiful plot of green grass, flowering bushes and our home (okay, so it's our neighbor's house. But ours looks pretty much the same!). A trio of beautiful blessings that I often overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment