Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 3

I walked by our first floor powder room this morning and laughed when I saw this:

Despite the bowl of fresh cat food right there next to her in plain sight, she decided she needed to raid the bag anyway. Never mind that it's the exact same kibble in both places. It's still funny now, but my secondary, God-centric observation is a bit more sobering.

I think we all do what my cat is doing in this picture. God gives us an easy answer to a question, but for one reason or another, we don't take that plainly presented answer. Instead, we dig our heads inside the cat food bag to find our own solution. Because, you know, human ways are so much more advanced than God's. (That was sarcasm, obviously.)

Anyway, it's good to think for ourselves. To go after the cat food when the bowl is empty. But when it's already full, topped off by a benevolent provider? I hope that next time I'll have the wisdom to simply take it and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment