Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17

I spend a lot of time sticking my foot in my mouth. I'm sensitive and opinionated and I talk too much, which lemme tell ya, is a dangerous combination of traits in just one person. But the root of my chattiness is a simple one: after feeling so horribly isolated for the duration of Logan's illness, I'm afraid that loneliness will set in if I don't work really hard to maintain my friendships.

So it had quite an impact on me this morning when I not only heard a song I hadn't heard in a while -- Andy Griggs' You'll Never Be Lonely, but heard it with different ears.

I didn't hear it as a guy singing to his girl. No, to my ears, it sounded like God --or, from my Christian perspective, Jesus-- was singing those words to me. Telling me not to worry.

So did it rock my world? No. It usually takes time for these things to sink in. But I heard it and the message was received.

At least that's something.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say that is a BIG something! Music has always spoken to me the way you say it does for you. Praise the Lord for giving you new ears!

    ReplyDelete