Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26

I've felt kind of low lately. I don't really know why; I just have. And do. I saw these little yellow flowers this morning. Since they were absolutely nothing like the others in the area, I felt compelled to take their picture, sure that a message for me rested somewhere within their buttery petals.

As I downloaded the image from my phone a few minutes ago, I saw it. Yes, the three little yellow flowers are most prominent. But just behind them is a sweet, delicate purple bloom, too. And suddenly, I saw the image as a representation of my family; my three little boys and a my beautiful little girl. And it finally made sense. They may not be together anymore on this earth, but they're still a little group. They're still clustered together in a way that transcends our limited human understanding.

And, despite my generally melancholic mood, it made me smile. Just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment