Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9

Today's wink comes from an unusual interaction. Last night, one of my dreams featured Kristin, a friend of ours from college. Though she's awesome and we're Facebook friends, she lives in Texas and I don't talk with her particularly often. So her presence in my dream was a little bit weird.

And then things got a lot weirder when she sent me a private message this morning telling me that she dreamed about us last night.

I was stunned. I mean, what are the odds that two people who haven't seen each other for years and don't talk particularly often would dream about each other on the same night?

Okay, so that's strange. But a God wink? Definitely. In two ways, actually. I always wonder, thanks to my plentiful self esteem issues, if others really think about me. Or care about how I'm doing. So it's always a blessing to hear from friends, even if the communication is aided by a bizarre, shared sleepytime experience. And beyond that, it reminded me that there's more to life than we can see, touch, feel, smell or hear. And that God sometimes uses unusual means to communicate messages. How awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment