Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29

I watered the flowers on Logan's grave this morning. It's been H-O-T here and the weather trend is supposed to continue all week, so I wanted to make sure we got off to the right start. As I was leaving, I off-handedly told Logan that I was going to the store. And that it would be so nice to find a new Pixar Car. Just to provide some context, when he was hospitalized, I spent a lot of timing combing area Targets (and Walmarts and Kmarts) for those little die-cast cars with faces. He loved them and they made him smile. I still pick them up now when I see them, since the Little Boys like them, too, but it'd been a while since I'd been able to get my hands on new ones, even though plenty have been released. (Thanks to re-sellers. Who, if I may be so blunt, suck.) Anyway, then I left.

And when Brady and I hit the Cars aisle, I found one! And another.... and another. When we headed off to find the next item on our list (which happened to be carpet cleaner, if you were wondering) my cart looked like this:

In all, I found five. Pretty awesome, since I only asked for A car. :)

As I've noted a few times in the past, some days, those trivial little things mean an awful lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment